Only one may enter here. One whose worth lies far within. The diamond in the rough.
Cave of Wonders
345gr butter softened
400gr white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
700gr all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
Package of small chocolate chewy candies
How to bake
1. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until it is smooth.
2. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
3. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt.
4. Cover and chill the dough for at least one hour or overnight.
5. Preheat the oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
6. Roll out the dough on a floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch (0,5 to 0,6 cm) thick.
7. Cut into round shapes and place them 1 inch (2 cm) apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
8. Work with one chocolate chewy at a time. Microwave the candy for up to 6 seconds to soften it slightly.
9. Then sandwich it between two pieces of waxed paper and use the rolling pin to flatten the candy into a rectangle about 1/8-inch thick (0,2 cm).
10. Use kitchen scissors to snip each rolled candy into a dozen or so tiger stripes, and set them on a waxed paper-covered plate.
11. When you’ve finished cutting out stripes (you’ll need 5 or 6 per cookie), keep them in the refrigerator while you bake the cookies.
12. Bake the plain cookies 6 to 8 minutes in the preheated oven.
13. After they are done baking, transfer them to a cooling rack.
14. While the cookies are still warm, randomly arrange the candy stripes on top of them.
15. Let the cookies cool completely before eating!
SOURCE cookies & decorations