Alita: Battle Angel is an upcoming American cyberpunk action film, based on Yukito Kishiro’s manga Battle Angel Alita. It was supposed to be released on the 19th of July this year, but due to scheduling conflicts, the release and production have been delayed. Therefore the current release date is December 21, 2018.
3 egg yolks
2 tablespoons of sugar
Pinch of salt
2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon orange zest
105 gr all purpose flour,
Up to 2 Tablespoons additional flour
1 quart of oil for frying (safflower or canola)
80 gr powdered sugar
How to bake
1. In a small bowl, using an electric hand mixer on the highest setting, beat the egg yolks, sugar and salt together until it looks thick and lemon coloured. This might take about a minute.
2. Set the mixer on a low speed, stir in the sour cream, vanilla, lemon zest, orange zest and flour.
3. Stir in enough additional flour to form a mass. This should be around 1-2 tablespoons.
4. Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead 50 turns, while adding extra flour as needed.
5. Divide the dough in half, Make sure to keep the dough that you don’t use covered with plastic.
6. On a floured surface, roll each section paper-thin to at least 12 inches (30 cm) across.
7. Cut into 1 1/4 inch(3 cm) strips and cut the strips into 5 inches (12 cm) lengths.
8. Make a slit in each strip.
9. Pull one end through the slit to make a bow tie.
10. Deep fry in oil at about 350-365°F (176-185°C) for about 30 seconds, turning once using 2 forks until they are lightly golden on both sides.
11. Drain on paper towels. Then let them cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
12. To re-crisp, place them on a baking sheet in a 325°F (160°C_) oven for about 5 minutes. Cool completely and re-dust with fresh powdered sugar.