After 14 years they are finally back! The movie Incredibles 2 will premiere next week and to get you excited, try to make these Incredibles cupcakes. They are not only ‘Incredibles’ themed, they also taste incredible!
35 gr freeze-dried strawberries
105 gr all-purpose flour
105 gr cup cake flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
115 gr unsalted butter, room temperature
267 gr white sugar
3 eggs, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
160 ml whole milk, room temperature
200 gr fresh strawberries
230 gr butter
160 gr powdered sugar, sifted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
400 gr powdered sugar, sifted, divided into 2X 160 gr and 1X 80 gr
Yellow M&M’s candies
How to bake
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F/ 175°C.
2. Line muffin tins with 20 cupcake liners, preferably red or yellow.
3. Grind the strawberries into a fine powder using a coffee grinder or food processor.
4. Whisk the strawberry powder, flour, cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a bowl.
5. Beat the butter and sugar in another bowl with an electric mixer until it is light and fluffy. The mixture should be noticeably lighter in color.
6. Add the eggs one at a time, allowing each egg to blend into the butter mixture before adding the next.
7. Beat in the vanilla extract.
8. Stir the flour mixture, alternately with the milk, into the butter mixture until it is just incorporated.
9. Fill the lined tins with the cupcake batter.
10. Bake them in the oven until they spring back when gently touched and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. This should take about 16 to 18 minutes.
1. Place the strawberries in a blender and puree until it is smooth.
2. Transfer the strawberry puree to a saucepan over medium heat.
3. Bring it to a boil and stir it often until the puree is reduced by at least half. This should take about 20 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and let it cool completely.
4. Beat the butter with an electric mixer in a bowl until it is light and fluffy.
5. Beat 160 gr of powdered sugar into the butter until it is just blended.
6. Beat 2 tablespoons of strawberry puree and the vanilla extract into the butter mixture until it is just blended again.
7. Repeat with 160 gr of powdered sugar, followed by 2 tablespoons strawberry puree for two more times.
8. Beat the last 80 gr powdered sugar into the mixture and give it one final blend.
1. Frost the cupcakes with the frosting.
2. Roll out the two fondant colours separately between sheets of wax paper.
3. For each cupcake, use a fondant cutter of 2-1/4 inch wide to cut out a yellow oval and a cutter of 1-1/2 inch wide to cut out a black oval.
4. Slice each of the black ovals into two pieces so that the left piece is about half the width of the right piece.
5. Place the two black pieces atop a yellow oval, off-setting them slightly.
6. Gently press an M&M’s into the fondant at the top of the oval, just until it sticks in place.
7. Add a thin strip of yellow fondant (angled at the top to resemble the letter i), positioning it below the M&M candy.
8. Place a completed fondant emblem atop each cupcake, gently and evenly pressing it partway into the frosting.