It’s Tuesday and with today comes one of last year biggest movies. You either loved or you hated it, there’s no in between. Star Wars VIII: The Last Jedi is out on blu-ray today!
Target Exclusive Blu-ray
Best Buy Exclusive Steelbook
Rey develops her newly discovered abilities with the guidance of Luke Skywalker, who is unsettled by the strength of her powers. Meanwhile, the Resistance prepares to do battle with the First Order. – Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures
I can’t convince you to buy this movie if you didn’t like it. Star Wars fans are kind of the worst, no digs at anyone, I’m a fan too. But I loved this movie, it was vastly different yet fit very much at home with the other films. Rian Johnson is a genius, you may disagree and I’ll allow it, this is purely opinionated. I didn’t exactly like everything in The Last Jedi but over 90% of it, I loved. So, if you liked the movie buy it, if you didn’t don’t buy but also definitely don’t start a petition to remove the movie from the Star Wars cannon.
Included with the Blu-ray:
- Digital HD
- Special Features
- The Director and the Jedi – Go deep behind the scenes with writer-director Rian Johnson on an intimate and personal journey through the production of the movie—and experience what it’s like to helm a global franchise and cultural phenomenon.
- Balance of the Force – Explore the mythology of the Force and why Rian Johnson chose to interpret its role in such a unique way.
- Scene Breakdowns
- Lighting the Spark: Creating the Space Battle – Get a close-up look at the epic space battle, from the sounds that help propel the action, through the practical and visual effects, to the characters who bring it all to life.
- Snoke and Mirrors – Motion capture and Star Wars collide as the filmmakers take us through the detailed process of creating the movie’s malevolent master villain.
- Showdown on Crait – Break down everything that went into creating the stunning world seen in the movie’s final confrontation, including the interplay between real-word locations and visual effects, reimagining the walkers, designing the crystal foxes, and much more.
- Andy Serkis Live! (One Night Only) – Writer-director Rian Johnson presents two exclusive sequences from the movie featuring Andy Serkis’ riveting, raw on-set performance before his digital makeover into Snoke.
- Deleted Scenes – With an introduction and optional commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
- Audio Commentary – View the movie with in-depth feature audio commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
You already know I’m buying that sweet, sweet steelbook. You can buy it here.
You can buy the Target exclusive here.
You can buy the Standard Blu-ray here.
Also out this week:
- Last Men in Aleppo
- Acts of Violence
- The Competition
- For Whom the Bell Tolls
- I Remember You
- King of Jazz (1930) Criterion Collection
- The Last Movie Star
- The List of Adrian Messenger
- The Student
- Survivors Guide to Prison
- The Thousand Faces of Dunjia
- The Thrill of it All!
- Women in Love (1969) Criterion Collection
- The Americans Season 5
- The Brokenwood Mysteries Series 4
- Legion Season 1
- Mr. Robot Season 3
- One Day at a Time Season 2
- The Outer Limits Season 1
- Robot Chicken The Walking Dead Special
- Who Killed Tupac? Miniseries
Next week a movie that wasn’t so great but it’s better than the other releases.