Sometimes I wished I had a time turner or even an invisibility cloak. Not to do anything illegal, like robbing a bank guarded with dragons but to already have a chance to watch Fantastic Beasts 2: The Crimes Of Grindelwald. Just a couple of days ago we were blessed with a first teaser trailer, and the entire fandom has gone mad. From screaming their lungs out and crying rivers filled with happy tears to pointing out ‘mistakes’ in the trailer and cursing a certain character, the Wizarding World fandom has seen it all this past week.
In case you haven’t seen the trailer yet, first of all, what’s wrong with you, and second, here is a short summary of the most striking moments:
- The first scene of the trailer opens with a view of Hogwarts. We also see three men enter Hogwarts while students peak out of the windows.
- The three men apparate on the bridge near Hogwarts, what makes a lot of people wonder why that’s possible. After all, in the Harry Potter books its mentioned multiple times that apparating in Hogwarts can only be done by Dumbledore.
- We see Jude Law as a young Dumbledore while being questioned in the what seems to be the Defence Against The Dark Arts classroom.
- Newt Scamander is headed to Paris.
- The Deluminator is back!
- Tina and Queenie make an appearance in the trailer. And more importantly, Jacob is back and it seems that he has got his memory back.
- Credence Barebone survived and he is on a rooftop in Paris while producing some sort of Obscurus.
- We see a lot of new beasts throughout the trailer, including what looks like a young kid (Newt?) riding a merperson.
- We also see a carriage being pulled by Thestrals driving down a building. A lot of people on the internet seem to think that it might be Grindelwald’s escape.
- Talking about Grindelwald, he looks a lot more shabby, perhaps because of his imprisonment?
- A circus in Paris seems to be playing an important role.
- A lot of interesting buildings are shown, for example, French building with engravings of beasts names, almost like a constellation.
- But more importantly, something that looks like the Lestrange family tree where Credences name is also featured.
- Dumbledore who tells Newt that he “can’t move against Grindelwald.”
- And last, but not least we meet a couple of people we as far only knew by name, like Leta Lestrange and Theseus Scamander, Newts brother.
Plus there is also a little easter egg in the trailer, according to thisisinsider.com. The books on Dumbledores desk look familiar. If you look closely, you’ll see that the red and green covers look a lot like the 2001 spinoff books “Quidditch Through the Ages” and the original “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them,” the latter pseudonymously written by Newt Scamander. New editions have been published since then, but the original covers were green and red respectively.
What did you find of the trailer? Have you seen other important clues that I have missed? Please let me know!