280gr cake flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
115gr unsalted, softened butter at room temperature
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
240ml shaken buttermilk
480gr sifted powdered sugar
230gr unsalted, softened butter
1-2 tablespoons milk or heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
240gr powdered sugar
3 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
60gr vanilla frosting (in a piping bag) with a little extra milk to thin it out so that it doesn’t hold its shape
360gr vanilla frosting dyed red
240gr chocolate frosting dyed black (in a piping bag)
How to bake
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C.
2. Line two cupcake pans with 16-18 cupcake liners.
3. In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and whisk until it is all combined.
4. In another bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy.
5. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and beat until everything is well incorporated.
6. Alternate adding the flour mixture and the buttermilk, until everything is well mixed.
7. Fill each muffin liner about 3/4 of the way full.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean.
9. Let the cupcakes cool completely on a wire rack.
1. Sift the powdered sugar.
2. In a bowl, cream the butter with the vanilla.
3. Alternately add the sugar and the milk.
1. Melt the butter.
2. Whisk in the cocoa.
3. Alternate adding the milk and powdered sugar until the frosting is stiff.
4. Add in the vanilla and beat until fluffy.
1. Spread the cupcakes with red buttercream, as smooth and flat as possible.
2. Using a toothpick, draw the spiderweb design. It should be divided into 8 portions and resemble a pizza.
3. Draw the eyes and connect the portions with arched lines to make webs.
4. Pipe the black onto the lines.
5. Fill the eyes with the white buttercream.