Jud Crandall: Sometimes, dead is better.
230gr butter softened
110gr packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
385gr all-purpose flour
50gr baking cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
240gr powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk
How to bake
1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
3. Combine the flour, cocoa and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
4. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until the dough is easy to handle.
5. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough to 1/8-in. thickness.
6. Cut with a floured gingerbread boy cookie cutter and place them on greased baking sheets.
7. Bake at 375° for 7-8 minutes or until the cookies are set.
8. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
9. For the icing, in a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar and milk until it is smooth.
10. Cut a small hole in the corner of a resealable plastic bag and fill it with icing.
11. Pipe skeleton bones on the cookies.