Disneyland always has a special place in everyone’s heart, but California Adventure is slowly growing to be a top favorite as well! Disney started Pixar Fest on April 13th this year and it will continue till September 3rd. You may have seen pictures on Instagram or other social media of lucky friends and family who have gotten to go since the recent opening of the new pier on June 23rd. California Adventure revamped their entire pier area to become the Pixar Pier. They’ve included multiple new rides, shops, attractions, and food to eat. Here are some of the highlights:
- What used to be California Screaming roller coaster is now the Icredicoaster. The coaster itself didn’t change only the decorations and music. Also, don’t worry it’s iconic countdown is not lost, this time we’ve got Dash counting us down to blast off.
- The Giant Mickey MouseFerris Wheel that everyone sees’s when they first walk onto the pier has been renamed Pixar Pal-A-Round. Did you know that this Ferris wheel is only one of two in the entire United States that has fixed and sliding gondolas? The only other one is the Wonder Wheel at Coney Island!
- In 2019 there will be a carousel added to the pier inspired by Woody’s Round-Up. Jessie’s Critter Carousel that will feature Jesse and over 56 of her animal friends from Toy Story 2
- The Lamplight Lounge that rests on the pier’s edge is a great place to eat some wonderful food, take in a great view, and experience some amazing Pixar memorabilia.
- Disneyland’s Turkey Legs have made it’s way over to the Poultry Palace! This place not only has the famous turkey legs, but chicken drumsticks, corn on the cob, and other things for you to snack on!
- Those delicious looking yellow drinks everyone has been Instagramming comes from the new store called Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats! They also have ice cream and the other famous Pixar Pier Frozen Parfait drink.
- Senor Buzz Churros is dishing out hot churros all day on the Pier now.
- Starting to get Hangry after waiting in all those lines? Angry Dog might be the place to go. Whether you want a spicy or regular hot dog, this Inside Out inspired stand is the place to go!
- Bing Bong’s Sweet Snacks is the place to go if you are looking for candy! There is an endless amount of colorful saltwater taffy to choose from! In case you are looking for a Pixar souvenir, make sure you head over to Knick Knack’s and find you something cool!
- There are TONS of new foods specially available for Pixar Fest like Alien Macarons, various Pixar character cake pops, Finding Nemo Carmel Apples, Pixar Fest Celebration Cake, Up Eclairs, and colored churros! All of these items can be found throughout Disneyland and California Adventure.
Have you gotten to check out Pixar Fest and/or Pixar Pier? We would love to hear about your experience below in the comments!