On October 12th, Supernatural season 13 began on the CW. Eric Kripke is the creator of the show and it premiered on September 13, 2005. Eric had scripted the show for only 3 seasons but later it was extended to 5. After the 5th season, Eric stepped down and passed over the reins.
The show follows Dean and Sam Winchester, two brothers who lead anything but normal lives. A demon killed the boy’s mother when they were younger and from there the boy’s father raised them to be hunters but, not the kind of hunters you are probably thinking of. Instead, they hunt demons, ghosts and other “supernatural” beings.
Before long, tragedy strikes again and the boys lose their father. Knowing their father wanted them to keep going, Sam and Dean continue on “saving people, hunting things, the family business”. The drive to continue hunting demonic creatures and any other kind of “supernatural” beings comes easily for the boys due to much heartache and tragedy from their past. Added on, are bad memories and secrets which only cause more burden for each one to carry.
Over the seasons, Sam and Dean’s hunts begin to change and no longer just involve monsters but now they involve Angels, Lucifer, and even God. It’s nothing the Winchesters can’t handle though! As time passes and with every new hunt, the boys realize that their anything but normal lives are exactly the ones they are supposed to be living. Hunting is their family business, it’s who they are and it’s who they were meant to be!
Supernatural has a loyal and passionate fandom. I believe, a big reason why it’s like that is because of the two main actors, Jared Padalecki who plays Sam and Jensen Ackles who plays Dean. The two talented actors have amazing chemistry both on and off-screen and are extremely likable guys. They are both known for being super down to earth and good to their fans. Often, they can be seen stopping for pictures or to sign autographs and charities or campaigns that either of them have run have helped out thousands of people.
So, as a fellow fan myself it’s my great pleasure to share with you 10 interesting facts about Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles. Hope you enjoy!
Jared Padalecki was born on July 19th, 1982 in San Antonio, Texas. He has appeared in the movies: Flight of the Phoenix, New York minute, House of Wax, Cry Wolf, Thomas Kinkade Christmas Cottage and Friday the 13th. He has also made appearances in the tv shows Young McGyver, ER, Room 401 and Gilmore Girls.
10 Facts about Jared Padalecki
- He is very tall! Jared is 6’4″
- Originally he was going to attend college at the University of Texas but he landed the role of Dean on Gilmore Girls, so he dropped out.
- Before he married Genevieve Cortese, he was engaged to actress Sandra McCoy. They both were in the movie Cry Wolf together and she starred in an episode of Supernatural.
- He speaks sign language with his kids. Both Jared and Misha Collins teach their children sign language through a show called Signing time on PBS.
- Jared has struggled with depression in the past. Now he helps to raise awareness to depression and mental illness and in 2015 he started a campaign called “Always Keep Fighting” to help others struggling with depression and to encourage those into seeking help.
- He is very superstitious. Whenever he drives under a yellow light he kisses his finger and taps the roof of the car. He also does this when getting on a plane.
- He is a big dog lover. Sadly, his dog Harley died of cancer but he still has Sadie, a German shepherd. Sadie turned 14 on March 3rd, 2017.
- He loves the smell of cookies baking. During the winter season, he stocks up on the candles that smell like cookies.
- His first manager wanted him to change his last name because he thought it would be too hard for people to say. Obviously, Jared didn’t do it.
- He and his wife Genevieve have 3 children together. Thomas, Shepherd and Odette.
Jensen Ackles was born on March 1, 1978, in Dallas, Texas. He has appeared in the movies: Devour, Ten Inch Hero, My Bloody Valentine and has made several appearances on tv shows such as Dawson’s Creek and Smallville.
10 Facts About Jensen Ackles
- Jensen was a child model at age four, he then quit but started again at age 10.
- He loves sports. When he was younger he played a lot of baseball and these days he enjoys golfing.
- He has a great singing voice and can play the guitar.
- If he wasn’t acting, he had planned on taking sports medicine at Texas Tech University to become a physical therapist.
- He loves the Dallas Cowboys.
- Jensen and his wife Danneel Harris were both in the movie Ten Inch Hero in 2007 and then they were married in 2010.
- He has directed 5 episodes of Supernatural. The 5 are Weekend at Bobby’s, The Girl Next Door, Heartache, Soul Survivor and The Bad Seed.
- His parents first wanted to name him Justin but after deciding it was too common of a name they changed it to Jensen.
- Every summer when not filming Supernatural Jensen grows a beard, mostly because his wife loves it and because he can’t while filming.
- Jensen and his wife Danneel have 3 children together. Justice Jay, Zeppelin and Arrow.
Supernatural is filmed in Vancouver, BC and the surrounding area. Both actors have expressed their love for the city and Jared Padalecki talks about this in an interview with Canada.com :
” If Supernatural was not filmed in Vancouver, if it was filmed in L.A., I don’t think we’d still be doing it today. We’ve been able to remain out of the scene, away from the craziness that is Hollywood, and that’s kept us focused. Not focused on, ‘Hey, can I get out of here because there’s a party at Hugh’s (Hefner), or, ‘Hey, there’s a premiere I want to go to,’ and you stay up all night and burn a candle at both ends, and then you show up for work and it’s a downward spiral from there. When I’m in Vancouver, I’m there to do something. It’s a wonderful city. There are wonderful people, wonderful food. But I’m there to tell a story. And I think if I was filming in the city where I live, there’d be too many distractions.”
Well, trust me Canada is happy to have you! 💜💜🍁🍁💜🇨🇦🇨🇦💜💜
Check out Supernatural Thursday night’s at 8 pm