The sequel to Disney-Pixar’s The Incredibles will be released June 15, 2018. With the film being a year away, Disney hasn’t released too much information yet. Here’s what we know so far and what we hope to see.
What We Know
- Frozone will be back! Not much about the cast has been revealed, but according to the film’s IMDB page, Samuel Jackson will be reprising the role of the ice wielding superhero and Holly Hunter will return as Helen Parr/Elastigirl.
- Bill Bird is returning as writer and director.
Speculating the Plot
- Although nothing has been revealed, the first film ended with quite a revelation. Jack Jack does indeed have powers. What they are exactly is hard to say. We saw him turn into a fireball/demon as he defended himself from the evil Syndrome. It would be fun to see if Jack Jack’s powers have evolved.
- The first film ended with a new villain, The Underminer, wreaking havoc. Will we see more of him? Will there be a new villain to defeat?
- Will the sequel begin where the other film left off or will there be as time lapse? Hopefully time will have passed so we can see how their lives have changed. Since there is a 14 year gap between the films, Violet and Dash would be adults and Jack Jack would be a teenager.
Who Should Return
- Edna, Edna, Edna. I mean, who else will make sure that the super-family is dressed to protect? I’m looking forward to seeing more of the designing mastermind in the sequel. After all, she’s voiced by the film’s writer-director Brad Bird.
- Although I’m sure the entire Parr family will return (right?) I’m really hoping Craig T. Nelson returns as the voice of Bob Parr/Mr. Incredible. It just wouldn’t be the same without him.