As part of TVLine’s Fall Preview Spoiler Spectacular, they released a new promo picture from Crazy Ex-Girlfriend season 2 & I have a LOT of feels!
PAULA IS GETTING A DISNEY PRINCESS SONG GUYS OMG
JUST IMAGINE HER
PITTER PATTERING ABOUT
SINGING A DISNEY PRINCESS SONG
MAYBE ABOUT LOVE OR ABOUT REBECCA
WITH DONNA-LYNNE’S INCREDIBLE VOICE
IT’S TOO MUCH TO HANDLE HONESTLY!
I’m sorry I freaked out up there, it’s just…wow…this show is such a blessing & a gift.
Co-creator Aline Brosh McKenna spoke to TVLine & gave us some spoilery nuggets:
- The central love story of the show is Paula & Rebecca, there’s fallout from everything they went through last season that results in a big storyline for them
- We’ll know pretty quickly how Josh reacted to Rebecca’s post-coital confession
- The major lesson this season is “how hard it is to change, even if you know what you want out of life, even if you’ve learned lessons about yourself.”
- McKenna says the Rebecca, Josh AND Greg have a lot of room for self-improvement, wether two of them are dating or not.
- They’re not about to just park White Josh & Darryl in the corner & cut to them for adorable-ness – they’ll also have fully developped stories.
- Musically this season there’ll be a ballet duet for Josh & Valencia, a pop style number for Brittany Snow & a visit from Yael Grobglas!
We also learned this week that SCOTT MICHAEL FOSTER IS COMING TO WEST COVINA! Just as I’d finally recovered from his heartbreaking arc on Chasing Life, he comes back into all our lives!
SMF might be another love interest for Rebecca, as his recurring role in season 2 is said to be rather substantial, with potential for season 3 appearances as well (should we be so blessed). Foster will play Nathaniel, a lawyer from The Valley who comes “from a very different world” aka he’s super rich; he’s gonna come into everyone’s lives and cause some drama!
You can pre-order season 1 of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend on DVD now! Season 2 premieres Friday, October 21st at 9pm on The CW!