After many changes of the release date, I think the best way to said it is that this movie eventually will end up in theatres. The first known release date was on July 22, 2016, then it was moved to February 17, 2017, and the final word is that it is pushed back until March 24, 2017. Either way, be excited about this movie because:
1. The Story
This story starts completely different than any other King Arthur story’s I know. The inspiration and the story used for this movie come from Thomas Mallory’s “Le Morte d’Arthur”, meaning something as The Death of Arthur. This story was published in 1485(!) as a compilation of French and English tales and exists out of eight books/stories divided into 21 books.
- The birth and rise of Arthur: “From the Marriage of King Uther unto King Arthur that Reigned After Him and Did Many Battles”
- King Arthur’s war against the Romans: “The Noble Tale Between King Arthur and Lucius the Emperor of Rome”
- The book of Lancelot: “The Tale of Sir Launcelot du Lac”
- The book of Gareth (brother of Gawain): “The Tale of Sir Gareth”
- Tristan and Isolde: “The Book of Sir Tristrams de Lyons”
- The Quest for the Holy Grail: “The Noble Tale of the Sangreal”
- The affair between Lancelot and Guinevere: “Sir Launcelot and Queen Gwynevere”
- The breaking of the Knights of the Round Table and the death of Arthur: “Le Morte D’Arthur”
2. The Story of The Movie
The young Arthur runs the back passages of Londonium with his crew, not knowing his royal lineage until he finds and uses Excalibur. Instantly confronted by the sword’s influence, Arthur is forced to make up his mind. He joins the rebellion and meets a shadowy young woman named Guinevere. Then he must learn to understand the magic weapon, deal with his demons and unite the people to defeat the dictator Vortigern, the man who murdered his parents and stole his crown to become king.
3. First One
This movie will be the first instalment of a planned six films series. Which sounds a lot to me, but of course, with eight stories there will be a lot of material that can be used to create those six films.
Since the movie is already shot, we know a lot about the cast and who plays who. The role of King Arthur will be played by Charlie Hunnam, known for his role in Sons Of Anarchy. Vortigern is played by Jude Law, while Uther Pendragon is played by Eric Bana. Of course is Guinevere featured in this movie, she is played by Astrid Bergès-Frisbey. Known for her role as a mermaid in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. The most interesting name in the cast list is David Beckham. Somehow he scored a role as the Blackleg leader.
I hope you are a little more excited about this movie’s release and let’s hope that the movie isn’t pushed back even more than March 24, 2017.
Keep checking The Game Of Nerds for future updates on Knights of the Round Table: King Arthur.